Friday, January 18, 2008

My Angel, Alicia Rix

If I had known I held an Angel in my arms each night,
I would have rocked a little slower and sang until day light.

I would have powdered her butt so gently with my most expensive cloth,
and stayed up all night rocking her without a second thought.

I would have taken every turn feeding her thru the night,
and soaked up every smell of her with all my strength and might.

If I had known an Angel had crawled across our floor,
I would have gotten on my knees and watched her crawl some more.

If I had known an Angel's tooth waited for the fairy,
I would have left all the money her little hands could carry.

I would have knelt beside her bed as she said her little prayers,
and listen to her talk to Jesus just like he was there.

I would have looked a little harder and watched her make believe,
as she talked to no other and poured her friend some tea.

Her lunch would been packed with love notes and fun stuff everyday,
instead of peanut butter and jelly and "got to go or I'll be late".

If I had known I saw an Angel kick a soccer ball,
I would have gone to every game and watched her play them all.

If I had known an Angel's tears fell upon my skin,
I would have found a silver locket to keep them safely in.

If I had known an Angel was planning to go fishing,
I would have packed my pole to go instead I'm left here wishing.

Love, Mom

No comments: